•Introduction to self-harm/suicide.
•Assessment of self-harm/suicide.
•Management of self-harm/suicide.
•Introduction to dementia
•Assessment of dementia
•Management of dementia
•Essentials of mental health care and clinical practice: Assessments
•Essentials of mental health care and clinical practice: Management
•Essentials of mental health care and clinical practice: Follow-up
DEP supporting material
• Person stories
• Role plays – role plays 3 and 4 are extra material for
• Multiple choice questions
• Video links
•Introduction to epilepsy.
•Assessment of epilepsy.
•Management of epilepsy.
•Follow-up of a person with epilepsy.
•Review or materials and skills.
It includes different activities for the different material provided in mhGAP
• Name the general principles of essential care and practice.
• Name management principles of priority MNS conditions.
• Use effective communication skills in interactions with people with MNS conditions.
• Perform assessments for priority MNS conditions.
• Assess and manage physical health in MNS conditions.
• Know the impact of violence and gender-based violence on mental health.
• Provide psychosocial interventions to a person with a priority MNS condition and their
• Deliver pharmacological interventions as needed and appropriate in priority MNS
conditions considering special populations.
• Plan and perform follow-up for MNS conditions.
• Refer to specialists and links with outside agencies for MNS conditions as appropriate and
• Promote respect and dignity for people with priority MNS conditions.
•Introduction to psychoses.
•Assessment of psychoses.
•Management of psychoses.