- Build community resilience to coastal hazards by improving capacity of inclusive disaster management systems.
- Reduce the mortality rate of persons with disabilities in situations of risk.
- Raise awareness about inclusive policies, practices and disaster risk reduction strategies that address the accessibility of communication, shelter, transportation and early warning systems.
- Foster collaboration between disaster preparedness organizations, broadcasters and organizations of persons with disabilities to mainstreaming disability issues in disaster risk reduction strategies.
- Build the capacity of disaster management organizations, governments, broadcasters and built environment practitioners by providing technical specifications on accessible communications and the design of accessible shelters and the built environment.
The Global Emergency Overview shows on a map: weekly picks, severe humanitarian crisis, humanitarian crisis, situation of concern.
A people-centred approach to make communities safer
GLEWS is a response system for the main animal diseases including zoonoses.
Early detection, assessment and response to acute public health events: